8P - Electricity and its effects Knowledge Test
Fill in your exam number in the box above.
Answer all questions
Click to Start
1) What is potential difference and what is it measured in?
2) What is electric current?
3) What do we use to measure potential difference and how must we do it?
4) What charged particles are able to move in a metal?
5) How can we describe current and how do we measure it?
6) What is the store of energy in potential difference caused by?
7) What happens to current when branches in a circuit meet and why?
8) What happens to the potential difference in a series circuit?
9) What happens if we don't match the potential difference ratings of the battery to the bulb in a circuit?
10) What are the rules for representing circuits in diagram form?
11) Which components symbols are important to know?
12) How are series circuits described?
13) How are parallel circuits described?
14) Why does resistance vary between conducting and insulating components?
15) What is resistance and what is it measured in?
16) What is resistance the ratio of?
17) What equation is used to calculate resistance?
18) How can the equation for resistance be rearranged to find potential difference or current?
19) What are electromagnets made of?
20) What are the main uses of electromagnets?
21) What factors can affect the strength of an electromagnet?
22) ES - What is the motor effect?
23) ES - How is the motor effect used to create a speaker?
24) How do the Big Ideas link to this topic?